Few Questions

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by kbullet, Apr 7, 2008.

1. kbullet

kbullet New Member

Hi Everyone i have started self studies towards MCSE. I have a few questions about the exams hope someone could answer them.

First of does MCSA count towards MCSE, such as i only need to take the remaining 3 exams after completing MCSA? Secondly how many questions are there in a normal exams? and what's the passing % if there's any? Last but not least i've seen people on the forums talking about Free Retakes, how does that work exactly?

Thanks in advance,
    kb

2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

As far as i'm aware most people take their MCSA on the way to MCSE.

MCSA is normally 4 exams and MCSE is a further 4 I think, check the MS site to be sure.

The MCSE is quite advanced so really most people should go for MCSA first as a first step.

I've never failed an exam 'yet', and i suggest you don't either ! :biggrin

Far as I'm aware you are allowed two attempts and then you have to wait 2 weeks before a further re-take? I'm not aware of any limit on the number of attempts. As with everything check with M$ site to be sure, its explained on the exams conditions when you take an exam but I normally skip that these days.

I expect an MCSE will be along later with a better explanation ! :biggrin