Feedback on ITILv3 CBT Nuggets?

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Arroryn, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I've had a quick search on the boards, and from what I can see, Ken used them as part of his study 'suite' to pass.

Has anyone else used them, and have an opinion? Are they necessary to pass, in the view that I won't be going on an instructor-led course, just attempting to stay awake whilst reading the book?

Are they worth the $$$ that I'll be shelling out for them, in short? :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi,

Yep, I did use them :) IMO, while the subject itself was dry, at least my eyes didn't glaze over when listening to the CBT like when reading the book.

Is it necessary to use to pass? IMO no. Does it help? Yes, but mainly due to my learning style :)

Try the book first, then if you feel as if you need more then go for the CBT. Mainly due to the exchange rate, $399 is now abou £275, alot more expensive than when I did it... Unless you van get work to pay for it.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I used the ITIL v3 offical press book and the CBT Nuggets.

I did find them really useful as they helped re-inforce the knowledge from the book. Whether they are worth the price that I paid is a different matter.

However, this has been my study style on every exam and it has worked so I can only recommend it :D

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I used them along with the official book and the one from The Art of Service (see my previous posts on the matter).

All three went at it a slightly different way and I found the combination gave me a greater overall understanding. However, having said that, I did miss getting it first time round (just !). As Ken has said, maybe depends on your learning style.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Thanks for your responses guys.

Well everyone knows my opinions on customer service, lol, so I'll go with the 'official' book and see how I feel after that.

TY :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA