1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fedora stuff

Discussion in 'Linux / Unix Discussion' started by zxspectrum, Nov 6, 2007.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

Hi people

Ive just got a fedora 7 bible with a live fedora 7 cd so i dont have to install it on my HD just yet. Anyway i cant connect to the internet. I can pick up my network and i even type in the wireless key but i cant get onto the net in anyway, am i doing something wrong, im sure im not???

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

I'm sure there some issues with certain wireless device in FC7 should be fixed(if not already) with an update, do a google you should get some hits on the issue

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  3. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

You say you can pick up your wireless network and enter your shared key. What software are you using to do this?

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  4. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Or you could wait 2 days and install FC8 Werewolf.

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  5. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

Basically im using a live cd. But it does ick up my router , it asks me for the key and i type it in, but it returns the 'enter the key' screen back all the time. i know im entering the key correctly and im sure the whole set up is working correctly, i just cant understand why its being so stupid.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680