FdSc Networking degree-Leeds Met Uni

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Miro, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Miro

Miro Byte Poster

HI.
    I am planing to do degree in next year. I have found this http://www.networkacademy.co.uk/foundation_degree.shtml
    Has anyone approched them or know something about them?This course is run in collaboration with Leeds Metropolitan University.
    I am going to go for any short course with them first. To check it out.
    So far I prefer self-study. However it might be nice to have some classroom experience too.
    As well the cost of the course will be refunded in full for me or at least 75% if study part-time. But I will rather hit for the full-time.

Certifications: A+ IT Technician
    WIP: MCDST, Network+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

if its at leeds met uni then I can vouch for teaching abilty of the computer guys there. Thats where I went, kick paul doney in the nuts for me if you see him :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

having just graduated from a degree in networking but from a diff uni my advice is that make sure you will cover enough material to get a get a cert or two out of them apart from the FdSc. - then make sure you will be able to get into the Uni - and i think that should count as 3rd yr - if you get CCNA and a couple of MS certs and your degree after 3 years then that is a deal! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. Miro

Miro Byte Poster

Ok Greenbrucelee,:box2:D
    I used to study at Leeds Met before. It was good experience. But I gave up after 6 months. Did not like Systems Analysis and too much programming. It was HND in Business Information Technology.
    The Networking FdSc is actually not on the Leeds Met site. It is provided by Leeds College of Technology and connected with Leeds Met.
    Thanx for some advice. I will check it out more carefully soon.

Certifications: A+ IT Technician
    WIP: MCDST, Network+
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

well if you intend on following on to the degree - and you should - find out the modules you will have to take - speaking to the 3rd yr entry's at my uni they struggled to adjust because they missed out on modules on yr 2 (often this happens might not happen to you- just make sure you happy with the 3rd year modules!)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics