faulty Ipod

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by phoenix510, Jun 9, 2006.

1. phoenix510

phoenix510 Byte Poster

Any Ipod experts lurking out there, The said ipod will not charge or turn on, I have googled and done the suggested methods of checking the hold switch, pressing menu and play together and nothing.Have also changed USB cables to rule out that and left it connected to the turned on PC overnight and still nothing. The ipod has charged from the pc fine in the past. It is only 5 months old. Has anyone any suggestions before I storm into dixons :x

Certifications: ECDL, MOS WORD & Excel, MCDST
    WIP: A+ & 70-270
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I've got the same problem. Does anyone have an answer? :cry:

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

ok boys iPod expert here....give me more info as to what is happening?

EDIT:

Ok after reading your post phoenix, sounds like you may not have done the reset correctly...u need toggle the hold switch on and off a couple of times, press and hold down the Menu and Select (the centre button) not the Play/Pause button until the Apple logo appears, if it does this let go of the buttons, plug the iPod back into the PC and see if it works...if not post again here and I will try something else with you.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  4. phoenix510

phoenix510 Byte Poster

Its currently at home Noel will try the above as soon as I get in. Just out of curiosity if it doesn't work what is the next step ?

5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

if that dont work mate the next step will be to put the iPod into disk mode, basically u do a reset, then when the Apple Logo appears press and hold down the Select and the Play/Pause buttons and u will see a big tick on the screen of the iPod. If that comes up then plug in the iPod to the PC use it as normal leave it to charge overnight. when this is done then do a reset to take it out of Disk Mode and that should sort it...

6. phoenix510

phoenix510 Byte Poster

ok mate thanks will let you know the outcome when I get home, hopefully for the Germany game :biggrin

7. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I wont be watching the opening match as I am at work til 8pm so will catch the 2nd half of the Poland v Ecuador match...if u get any probs phoniex my email is below or u can post here as usual...:biggrin...

8. phoenix510

phoenix510 Byte Poster

thanks noel its finally turned on and now charging. :biggrin

9. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

glad to hear it mate...sweet harmony....:biggrin

dont forget to leave a comment for me reputation hehe...:D