1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faronics Deep Freeze

Discussion in 'Software' started by BB88, Jan 27, 2012.

1. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Hi, I have been testing a trial version of Faronics Deep Freeze Enterprise in our corporate environment, and am wondering if anybody else has used it in such an environment?

We intend to use it in Public Access Areas and Computer Rooms to stop malicious damage to the machines, and allowing the machines to be restored back to the state we intended.

If anybody has used Faronics, or something similar that allows managing from a console so we can freeze/thaw computers for changes/upgrades, or allowing remote cloning with freezing/thawing, I would be very grateful for your response.
    Certifications: AS Computing, A+, Network+, 70-680, 70-410
    WIP: MCSA: Server 2012
  2. dmarsh

dmarsh Terabyte Poster

Seen it used in countless internet cafes around the world...
    Certifications: CITP, BSc, HND, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCEA, N+, Sec+, Proj+, Server+, Linux+, MCTS, MCPD, MCSA, MCITP, CCDH
  3. pete.grant

pete.grant Byte Poster

We use Deep Freeze on a group of Windows 7 laptops that are used by external clients for training purposes. Does exactly what it says on the tin and doesn't seem to have any impact on system performance. Boot 'thawed' and restoration procedures are quick and simple. I would definitely recommend it for your requirements.
    Certifications: A+ IT Technician, CCENT, CEH, CPTS, CIW Security Analyst, ITIL v3 Foundation, Master CIW Administrator, MCITP (Windows Server 2008:SA), MCSA on Windows Server 2008, MCSA:Security on Windows Server 2003, MCTS (70-648, 70-652), Network+, SCNS, Security+, Server+