Farewell - at least for a while

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zebulebu, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Folks

I've decided to take a break from CF for a while. The forum is starting to go the same way as others I've posted on in the past and I think its for the best if I stay away from it for a period. I can't just sit by and watch people post complete crap dressed up as 'advice' any more - despite having absolutely no clue what they're talking about. I can't have been the only one to have noticed it I'm sure, but maybe other people haven't been involved in other forums before where this has happened. Allowing known and admitted braindumpers to continue to post is the start of a slippery slope - allowing them to post advice to other members continues that trend and its not something I want to be a part of.

I'll still check in from time to time to take a look through my PMs, but until the situation changes, I won't bother to post any more.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I think I know who your referring too, hope you come back soon, as I enjoy reading your posts.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

i don't :confused2

GRim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  4. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Sorry to hear that Zebulebu. Hope to read your posts here again soon.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  5. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Sorry to here that Zeb.

Most of your posts make me lmao!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  6. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Why not have the occasional lurk. Works for me.

Sorry, to see you go. As an occasional lurker myself I have always enjoyed reading your posts (without sounding like a sappy tw*t)

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  7. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Sorry to hear that Zeb.
    What CF does need is members who do know their stuff posting and offering advice, you definitely fit in that category. Maybe wait around for the forum staff to comment before leaving?

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Come back when you're ready. Just remember that any discussion group that contains people will not be perfect. See you later. :)

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hey mate, you know you mean. Catch you when you return :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  10. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Hopefully things will change, as I can only agree with what you've said.

Hopefully see you back soon mate.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  11. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

If you're sure Zeb :(

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  12. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Sending you an email, ya goon.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  13. flounder10

flounder10 Nibble Poster

I haven't been around that long, but a few of the posts that i have read of yours make me "lol" :D

Others are just plain good advice :)

WIP: Net+, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP
  14. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

You gotta do what you gotta do mate. I respect you all the more for standing your ground in regards to your moral convictions.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  15. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

I might have missed something, but since when has it been any different? :blink

As Trip says, this behaviour exists on every forum, and if it bothers you that much just don't visit forums - or maybe ignore the threads with bad advice. I see a lot of half-correct advice and often totally incorrect stuff being posted, but if I feel it necessary I do one of two things:

1. Give the correct advice and explain why it is correct.
    2. Move on if I can't be bothered.

I just don't get this "I'm moving on because of dodgy advice", especially when it's nothing new.

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  16. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I agree with Mathematix - there's a lot of rubbish on here I don't even entertain the idea of reading, let alone responding too (so count yourself lucky!)

That said, we're all different, just come back when you're ready - most of what you say I don't understand (well, the technical parts anyway) but it certainly makes my mind work trying to work it out.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  17. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I hope Zeb continues to post in the future as he is one of the many members of this forum that I respect.

I understand where he is coming from though as like him my tolerance for cr@p advice and BS is wearing a little thin these days.

Anyways, let’s all have a beer and chill out.... :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  18. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I hope you don't go for good.

If my advice is wrong or is crap and could be improved I would like to be notified of my mistake(s).

I have learned quite alot from your posts Zeb, probably ones I haven't replied to because I have no business in replying to because of my experience level but I have learned from them, especially your firewall threads :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  19. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

Would it not be more productive if the poor advice was rectified ?

GRim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  20. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The problem isn't the dodgy advice as much as it is the attacking of the other forum members when the person in question is called on the dodgy advice. On most other forums I've frequented, attacks such as those are bannable offenses. Yet here, nothing is done. If there's been a "slap on the wrist" behind the scenes, it certainly hasn't changed his behavior.

I'll admit, I too have considered taking a hiatus until the situation is resolved. If it continues, I will, and let the forum have him and his horrible advice.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!