Fantasy Footy League

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by UKDarkstar, Jul 28, 2009.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I jest! I jest! :joker I could joke endlessly about steroid use and all-around misbehavior by American football players.

I will say this... though I believe that American football players would stomp a hole in "soccer" players, "soccer" fans would put the hurt on American football fans! You guys are brutal! :ohmy

My oldest son played soccer for a year and I helped coach. He really didn't get into it. He watches American football, but he hasn't played. He's small for his age, so he won't likely ever play it. He's played baseball for the past 5 years, but I think this year is his last, giving it up in favor of competitive swimming. My youngest gave up baseball midway through his second season.

EDIT: Soccer players could probably beat up baseball players. Just sayin'. :D

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Trust the Yanks to hijack a thread :p

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. BosonMichael

You could always take it back yourselves, if you want...

...but you'd probably need our help. :usa

heehee! :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  4. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Good video, shows an ugly side to the sport. Thankfully, I didn't see my team in that video. Non-league footy - now theres a rough old game. So much more entertaining.

Certifications: HND Computing
  5. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

The league is growing !

certfgeeksleague1.jpg

Even if you're not a real footy fan you can still take part for a laff ! :biggrin (Mr BM maybe :p )

6. BosonMichael

Dude, it'd be a blast... but what I know about soccer would fill a thimble. :biggrin

7. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Ohhhhh - but think of the kudos if you don't finish bottom. Think of the grief you can dish out to anyone who finishes below you!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  8. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Ah, now you be talking my language.

Having played both, in what is generally deemed to be either a lazy or a mildly insane position (goalie) I can safely say that I got injured more in football. The amount of padding in hockey notwithstanding, the worst that ever happened was I had to do the splits once to save a shot. THAT surprised me a little. The rest of the time, I was generally the one doing the injuring...

Football, however... whilst the injury list is nowhere NEAR as bad as Zeb's list, the last injury I got was whiplash. Playing footy. Yep. Go figure.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  9. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Ummm... when i said hockey, I did mean 'ice hockey'

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  10. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I know. You like ice hockey, you support the Pens. I have never played ice hockey, but my school (standard) hockey team spent 5 years battering other teams in the area.

Have you ever SEEN a pitch full of teenage girls with long wooden sticks running around taking the frustration of double Latin next out on other people's shins?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  11. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

run into each other or How about this orThis and finally This, I show you goals skill an amazing saves,can you show me anything apart from running into each other or throwing a ball long distances:D, I rest my case.

well that didnt work
    Goals
    Skills
    Saves

well it is the first time ive tried this.

WIP: C++ and A+
  12. BosonMichael

...um... dude... those American football dudes are NOT running into each other. :biggrin Oh, man, that's classic. :D

So they can kick a ball into a goal. Whee! :p

If I want goals and skills and saves, I'll take in a much more physical sport... like hockey. 8)

13. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

I was to embarrassed to show you These

Actually I like most sports including American Football infact my Wife thinks i would watch 2 flys racing up a window.:rolleyes:

back to thread now you shoul have a go theres a lucky dip option which will pick you team for you,Just think of the bragging rights if you were to NONo I cant say it.

WIP: C++ and A+
  14. BosonMichael

Those are pretty funny! :) Course, you can find bloopers like that in almost every sport... including AmFootball. :)

Thanks, everyone, but I'll have to pass on the invite... I'm simply not wired to do anything "halfway" (big surprise, eh?!). If I get into a league, I'll learn it and study it and analyze the statistics to death... which is doubly bad for something I don't yet understand enough! :)

15. Meshan

Meshan Bit Poster

I know it's only the first day of play

But

Woo hoo Fabregas

Certifications: HCIMA, BIIAM, BSc (Hons),
    WIP: MCITP (70-622)
  16. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Nice mate, very nice. I'm still waiting for todays games as I've got 4 more players playing in todays games..

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  17. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Me too including Rooney and Owen :biggrin

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  18. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

......will probably get injured running onto the pitch! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  19. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Well if Fergie's willing to take a punt so am I ! :p

20. sammy_bibs

sammy_bibs Bit Poster

Oh another league! Whats the code and i will join up to yours also =)

Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, SCSA, MCSA, BSc
    WIP: IINS