Fantasy Footy League

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by UKDarkstar, Jul 28, 2009.

1. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Ahh just seen this and joined, Cheers mate :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

8 teams in now :

cfgeeksleague.jpg

Whilst it is possible to join later you don't get credited with points from previous weeks so I recommend you get in early ready for the start next week :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. bogus1195

bogus1195 Bit Poster

Present Your Majesty....Count Me in...:biggrin

Certifications: CCNA ,MCP
    WIP: Windows 7 -- 70 - 680
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I took a look, but I didn't see any football anywhere... just a buncha soccer crap... :fart :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

All joined up!

BM - What's this 'soccer' you talk of? We play football over here :D.

Certifications: HND Computing
  6. BosonMichael

Soccer: [​IMG]

Football: [​IMG]

If you still have any questions as to the superiority of that brown pointed prolate spheroid, I suggest you watch this video.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

How do i view other peoples squads? Am I missing something?

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  8. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

From memory you can't. Once the league starts you can view the "best" combination of players though

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  9. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

You must be talking about the pansys with the shoulder pads that can only run ten yards(or is it meters) into each other, not very smart are they,if they took the pads of they might be able to avoid each other, then i suppose that would be called rugby.:twisted:

WIP: C++ and A+
  10. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

Just tweaked my team made a couple of tranfers and we are ready to go.:twisted:

11. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Have you ever played the game? I'm guessing not. American football is completely different to Rugby - the injury rate, however, is just as horrific. I played for four years when I was younger. During the time I played I got a broken ankle, broke my nose twice, separated my shoulder, had two concussions and tore my anterior cruciate ligament - leaving me unable to walk for five months. All this in a position (strong safety) that isn't anywhere near as dangerous as most other positions on the field.

Don't cop the tpical British attitude about a sport you don't understand. Just because they wear padding doesn't mean they're pansies. I played ice hockey as well for years when i was younger - would you call hockey players pansies?

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  12. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

thankyou for the spelling correction, Hopfully you are injury free now and all is now well. Ive played it on xbox does that count.:biggrin

Now Ice hockey, (I suppose you mean Ice hockey,)Thats a differant ball game (puk) to stay on your feet whilst fending of opposing players i could get into that.

13. BosonMichael

I shall quote my previous post: If you still have any questions as to the superiority of that brown pointed prolate spheroid, I suggest you watch this video.

Then, if you still doubt, watch THIS video.

14. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Gotta love the Yanks, spent 90 percent of the game throwing a ball around with their hands and call it football. ;)

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  15. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

I need to recess to prepare A defence.

16. BosonMichael

Well, we thought about taking the name handball, but given the choice between battling handball players or soccer players, we decided to take the name away from the wimpy soccer players.

Upon hearing the news, the soccer players all dived and waited for a foul to be called. :twisted:

EDIT: Soccer players could, in turn, simply take the name "kickball" for their sport, but they're too afraid of the Kindergartners who play it. :twisted::twisted::twisted:

17. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Not the players in my team... they fight back fairly hard, womens football actually seems to be far more vicious at times than any other sport on the planet...

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  18. BosonMichael

You could just take the traditional dive... :p

Ah, that was just too easy. 8)

19. BosonMichael

I assume you mean REAL women's football. :biggrin

20. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Now come on BM - I've just stuck up for American Football. At least have the good grace to stop poking fun at what is by far the most widely played sport on Earth. there are plenty of cheap shots I could take at American Football if I wanted (and, having played both sports extensively, am probably the only one on here qualified to do so).

Your portrayal of 'Soccer' players as lily-livered pansies is as way off the mark as mof's portrayal of American Football players as the same. Indeed, if most of the people I've played 'Soccer' with in the past came up against the guys I used to play American Football with in a row - I know who I'd bet on!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em