Fancy Dress Wind Up?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by craigie, Jun 23, 2009.

1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I have been invited on a work nights out with my new company.

I start on Monday and on Friday night, we apparently have a fancy dress night out.

Now, I'm bordering thinking this is a wind up, could be wrong, but need to cover all bases.

So, the theme is Movies/TV, I need some ideas people!

What can I wear which isn't to far out there, so if it is a wind up, I don't look to much like a complete plank.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Leather Jacket, sunglasses, cigar = Arnie ! (suggest you don't take a gun :p )

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

One of the fancy dress parties I went to, I went as Jackie Chan from the movie Gorgerous. Light beige loose trousers, white tee-shirt and boxing mits (good thing with those is that you can take them off and put them in your pocket :) ). Not that famous, but you can go around town afterwards...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Thanks for the ideas chaps.

I could go down the route of James Bond, Men in Black, but thats a bit too predictable.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Rick Moranis

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

In the Ghostbusters gear?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Yeah or maybe Honey I Shrunk The Kids.

7. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Yeh, prob quite easy to do :p

Ghostbusters-Rick-Moranis_l.jpg

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  8. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Don't go, or turn up late with a good excuse and no fancy dress (although you had a killer one planned, honest!).

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  9. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

You could go dressed as a plank :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  10. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Dark Helmet?

Neo from the Matrix - long black coat and shades. Has the added bonus of looking cool.

:D

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  11. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Just wear a suit and dark glasses - Blues bothers. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  12. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

problem solved Go in work clothes = IT Engineer

13. Rachael_B

Rachael_B Nibble Poster

boiler suit and hockey mask = Michael Myers. That way if it is a wind up people might be to scared to laugh :)

Certifications: A+, ITIL v3 Fdn, Network+
    WIP: 70-680, 70-685
  14. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hah. This.

Keanu Reeves perchance?

[​IMG]

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  15. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

I once got dragged to a medieval fancy dress party by my wife (we weren't married at the time). This all sounds like fun and games until you realise I lived ten miles away, with no access to a car, and couldn't afford a cab (student days). I told her time and time again I wasn't getting on the bus dressed up in medieval costume but she wouldn't have it. So I turned up on the night wearing jeans, trainers and a fleece (it was cold) and told them I was a 'traveller from the future'. She wasn't pleased... but learned then and there that when I say I'm not doing something - I mean it.

Doesn't have anything to do with your plight but I thought it was worth sharing anyway :)

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  16. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

17. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

...postcount-whore :p

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  18. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Does the photo you're attempting link to have hotlinking protection? it isn't showing up, the link does show up in the email notification of your post and does work when you click on it.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  19. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Jeans Tshirt and a body warmer type affair and you have Kaunu Reeves again - but this time Circa Speed.

Or Jeans Tshirt leather flight jacket and aviators and you have Tom Cruise circa Top Gun.

The other option is to go like one of the cast for 300 and just say, "what do you mean fancy dress - I dress like this all the time." :biggrin

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012