Failed

Discussion in 'Network+' started by gulbash, Aug 27, 2010.

1. gulbash

gulbash Nibble Poster

Hi. I recently did the Comptia Network + exam and failed, i scored 705. I bought the exams of ebay from a top rated seller and none of the questions really came. I have the pass4sure, prep exam, actual test and some others and the questions are almost the same as the ebay one i bought. So those exams definitely can't help me. Can you recommend some exams for me to study from? I have access to a ucertify N10-004 exam, do you know anything about these people? Are they good? The exams are different from pass4sure etc and looking more like the exam i failed. Thanks..

Certifications: A+, Network +, 70-680, 70-640, 70-642
  2. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

Sounds like you are looking for a braindump which can get you stripped of any certifications, devalue the certs we work so hard for, is cheating, and isn't going to help you much when you go into a real job.

What legitimate sources are you using to study? The Mike Myers All-In One book comes highly recommended. Professor Messer has some great free videos on his site. http://www.professormesser.com/free...comptia-network-certification-training-course

There are some good legit companies out there offering practice exams to test your readiness to sit the real exam: Transcender, Boson, Total Seminar, ucertify. You aren't meant to memorize the questions though you are meant to learn the material and have a thorough understanding of it. You take a test get a feel for how close to being ready for the exam you are, you read the explanations for the questions you got right but especially you read the explanations for what you got wrong. Then you reinforce those explanations for your other resources.

You will find lots of great advice on this forum but you won't have much luck here in finding actual test questions to memorize.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  3. gulbash

gulbash Nibble Poster

Used sybex, mike meyers, cbt nugget videos.

4. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

Nothing wrong with those resources. So forget about the braindumps. It's unfortunate that you wasted your money on ebay on what was probably a braindump or illegal copyrighted material that didn't do what it promised anyway. You should have your score report from the test center that will show what areas you need the most work in so you can hit the books hard in those areas. Study until you are more comfortable with the material. If you still want to verify that you are ready for the test the second time around spend a little money and get a legit practice test. Take it like you are taking the real test. Find out what objectives the practice test software says you are still weak in and study those areas some more. In my experience you should be able to take practice tests at least a few times without repeating questions so it should really give you an idea if you are getting more prepared to sit the exam for a second try.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  5. bazzawood30

bazzawood30 Byte Poster

You have done the exam now so you know what to expect, plus you did not miss the mark by that much. Use your feedback report to highlight the areas you need to work on. Good luck !!!

Certifications: ECDL,A+,N+,CCENT,CCNA,MCP,MCDST
  6. gulbash

gulbash Nibble Poster

I have some train signal videos, i was going through some and i find it to be very helpful, dealing with a lot of modern technology. I will go through the link you recommend with more videos and see how much it can help me. This exam is not a walk in the park. I will review the Mike Meyers, Sybex etc and try to make it stick. Thanks for you advice.

7. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

You can learn and reinforce a lot from the uCertify exam and material. I know I certainly did! :biggrin

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple