Failed CCNA exam but not necessarily my fault

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by flopstocks, Feb 2, 2009.

1. flopstocks

flopstocks Nibble Poster

Hi today I took my CCNA 640-801 exam (old exam I know but I'm part of the cisco academy and can still take it) and failed witht a score of 809. However on the simlet type question I did the first part (1 of 5) then clicked next. Next thing I know is it's gone onto the next question and I have missed 4 parts of the last question. I must have clicked the wrong next button and there was no way of going back. I left the exam room during the test to see if the examiner could take me back and she said there was nothing she could do.

Just wondering how many marks this question would have carried, and this could have ruined my chance of a pass. If it did carry enough marks would it be worth kicking up, as the exam is now £140 a time :eek:

Regards

Certifications: A+, Network+, CCNA, BSc(Hons) Open
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Could have been worth a little, could have been worth a lot. Nobody knows, and Cisco rightfully won't reveal that information.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Sorry to hear about the fail, no one knows the answer to your question.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on the pony!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Sorry to hear of the fail, look forwards though and be positive. Looking back gains you little. Study a bit more and I'm sure you will pass it on the next attempt. I should hope so as that price really stings!

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  5. flopstocks

flopstocks Nibble Poster

To be honest I probably aint going to bother retaking it, £140 for an exam and it's now 2 years out of date anyway. I'm thinking about contacting Cisco to see if I can get any joy, may be a disccounted retake (if that question was worth enough points).

6. BosonMichael

They won't likely offer you a discount... they'll probably point you to the fact that their engine warns you that you're about to leave the testlet when you click Next.

That said... if you don't ask, you'll never know the answer! I hope you get some love from Cisco!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. flopstocks

flopstocks Nibble Poster

Yea I'm not expecting much, but it's worth a try. £140 is a lot of money, to loose at the click of a button (possibly) lol

Any ideas where I can contact them at the moment I'm just going around in circles

8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Don't think you will have much joy from Cisco but worth a shot though.

Do you not get a warning before you move onto the next question? :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. BosonMichael

Yes, you do... if I remember correctly, it's something like, "Are you sure you want to move on to the next question? You won't be allowed to return." Of course, I could be misremembering... I've taken a zillion exams... :)

10. BosonMichael

Here you go!

11. MarkOfBorg

MarkOfBorg New Member

Sorry to hear you failed but, I agree with the others that I doubt Cisco will give you anything in recompense. The simlets are a little odd compared to the other types of questions but, to be fair, the exam does give you a tutorial before the exam proper starts where it shows you how to answer and navigate through the exam. The simlets are just odd in my opinion as you have to click on the 1, 2, 3, 4 etc buttons and not next which, when under the pressure of exam conditions, is not ideal IMHO.

I guess this is just an oddity to Cisco exams but, coupled with the fact that you can't go back to answer / change your answers to previous questions once you hit that next button, I can appreciate how you must feel.

~ M

Certifications: MCTS (SQL Server 2005), CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNA: Security