Failed by 10 points

Discussion in 'A+' started by dino66uk, Jan 28, 2009.

1. dino66uk

dino66uk Nibble Poster

:( just got back in from test centre. bad news i got 665, pass score was 675. Im deeply dissapointed, What do i do now?

Certifications: A+ CCENT
    WIP: ICND 2
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

cry?

Seriously though, ten points is nothing. Spend a week or two boning up on the areas you had issues with, and get back in there. You'll be passed in no time.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Work hard on the areas you were weak in, and take it again. Don't give up... you were only a smidgen from a pass.

You will get it. 8)

5. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

My god I'm immature...:p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

You were likely to be one or two questions away, as others have said, get back on the books, focusing on areas you didnt score highly on and go back knowing you have a great chance to pass

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh... he said... hhuhuhuhuhuhuh

[​IMG]

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. BosonMichael

Exactly this. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and give it another go. If you study the areas where you're weakest, you should do fine on your next attempt!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  9. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

:D You've made me want to watch Beavis and Butthead now! *sigh*

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  10. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Too bad, you'll get it next time :)

Short, sweet & simple :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  11. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

bad news, as said study the areas your weakest in then you should be ok.

good luck next time:)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  12. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

spiketv in association with MTV have episodes available to watch from the Mike Judge collection. My favorite episodes are Bus Trip, safe driving and Mr Andersons balls :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  13. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

I failed my 602 exam last week by about the same numbers, something which I really should have put behind me by now. I recommend a day of feeling sorry for yourself, (as I did), then get stuck back into the studying (and avoid the evil temptation of COD4) and pass the exam next time with a better than average score:)

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  14. dino66uk

dino66uk Nibble Poster

I am now going to reschedule my test. And this time im gonna make sure i pass with flying colors!! Does any one know of any good but cheap practice exams out there?

15. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Depends what you mean by cheap. Boson have an ExSim Max for A+. Ask BosonMichael or BosonJosh for more info.

16. BosonMichael

Good isn't usually cheap, and cheap isn't usually good. You tend to get what you pay for.

If you just want a bunch of practice questions that contain little to no explanations, that you have to check to see whether they got the right answer or not, and might only be marginally relevant to the exam, by all means, get a cheapie practice exam product. But if you want a high-quality product that contains detailed explanations of why the right answers are wrong, and is put through a rigorous editing process, then I'd recommend you get one from a company that does those things. If you download demos from all the major practice exam companies, I am confident that the difference in quality will be clear. :thumbleft

Build your foundation of knowledge with strong bricks... not shifting sand. Consider it an investment in your career. Isn't your career worth it? :wink:

17. G_uk

G_uk Bit Poster

Like others have said, it's only a few questions you've missed it by.

Keep at it and you'll pass!

18. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

This weekend Preplogic are selling their printable Q&A's for $10 (approx £6, give or take). Their electronic Q&A's program are still the standard price. If that's any help for you :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  19. dino66uk

dino66uk Nibble Poster

Cheers, thx for the help i just purchased printables $10 what a bargain thx to wagnerk :)

20. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Good luck with the resit :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA