Failed again How IDK...

Discussion in 'Network+' started by pLuhhmm, Jun 10, 2008.

1. pLuhhmm

pLuhhmm Bit Poster

Well I failed again for the 2nd time, but my score was better but i should have passed....I ended up doing better on the 3&4 objectives but aparently I fcked up on easy questions...Im pretty sure i would have passed but i screwed up in the ez objectives in 1&2 also if it was the net+ test and not the 90% novel/mac test made by people who dont speak english :dry... 489 needed 554. I plan on taking it in a month and screwing it in its electronic exam butthole. :twisted:

Certifications: 70-270 Windows XP Professional
    WIP: Net+,A+,MCST
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

bad news, what are you using to study?

and have you got any practice exam software?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. pLuhhmm

pLuhhmm Bit Poster

yea, Ive been using OReilly - A+ Network+ Security+ Exams in a Nutshell Mar 2007, sybex network study guide fourth edition, cramsession and techexams. I pass the practice exams, so... and I understand a majority of the concepts I guess was just to nervous or something and the novell/unix/mac got me ):

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Nerves can do bad things when you need to pass.

Maybe try taking a longer aproach to the questions, play the questions out in your head a few times before deciding to answer or mark ones you find hard for review and go back to them at the end.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. pLuhhmm

pLuhhmm Bit Poster

I just wish I would get some work experience since I dont have any other ways of getting networking experience since I dont have the resources to do any labs, could have worked at firedog but they were an hour away and I was 17 (last year) :cry:

6. Eggbert

Eggbert Bit Poster

How's your Network+ going Greenbrucelee?

Certifications: A+ Network+
    WIP: Diablo II
  7. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

Sorry to hear this. You're using very good material to study.........I'm using the same. I think you rushed back too fast to write the exam. Its good to hear that you did better in the obj 3 & 4, but you should've spent some more time to THOROUGHLY review ALL the other objs.......especially the ones you missed in the first exam. Make sure you pass almost every question in the practice exams........cuz the program only gives you a few random questions out of a 300-500 database total.

Client questions especially Netware is always expected, so focus extra energy on those. I plan on writing mine before month end.

Certifications: CompTIA A+ & Network+
    WIP: MCSA: 70-270
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Many of the legit practice exam providers won't even have a question pool that big.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

How much did it cost you to re-sit the first time you failed?

Certifications: MCTS, MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MSCD
  10. pLuhhmm

pLuhhmm Bit Poster

$118, it was at school, I hurried because if I was to pass the Net+ exam it would have gotten me an A+ in the class but w/e -_-.

11. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

Trust me. They're some legit commercial companies out there that have CDs loaded with practice exams and lab questions........but as the questions go up so does the price. Mike Meyers had some CDs like that for the A+, but I'm not sure if he does for the Net+........didn't have time to check, but I *believe* he does. Maybe 500 was (is) an exaggeration..........

Certifications: CompTIA A+ & Network+
    WIP: MCSA: 70-270
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I work in the IT certification practice exam industry, so I should know. 8)

Note that I did say "many", not "all". Some do offer that many questions, like Meyers (though he does only A+ and Net+). But most do not. It takes a long time to craft a detailed high-quality explanation for 500+ questions. So either the quality gets sacrificed, the number of questions gets sacrificed, or the cost to produce it increases greatly... or a combination of the three.

One thing to consider is whether there are detailed explanations for all of the questions, and whether there are virtual duplicates of questions (with a word or two changed). Always do your research before you buy.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!