1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failed 70-642, any tips?

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 Exams' started by hextet, Jan 19, 2014.

1. hextet

hextet New Member

I took the 70-642 exam Friday and failed with 600/700. I'm retaking it this upcoming Saturday so that's plenty of time to study.
    I have the CBT nuggets series on the 70-642 exam so I'll be watching those videos and doing some labs on a Server 2088 box.

I noticed a lot of the exam was centered around DNS and NAP,NPS, and RRAS, and I had trouble when it related to RADIUS and Active Directory.

Any tips on what I can do so that I'll pass next time around? I'll be spending 2-5 hours a day until I take the exam practicing.
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

Best thing to do is review the areas you were weak in... Microsoft exams tend to provide you with a break down of the exam and your score for each category. That should be an indicator on your weak areas.

Good luck!
    Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV