failed 70-640

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by dblight, Feb 24, 2011.

1. dblight

dblight Bit Poster

Took it this morning and failed it!

A lot of CA questions and Sites and Services and quite a few DNS also.

I had 50 questions on mine and stupidly i rushed it and finished in just over 1 hour! silly really but hey ho! good job i paid the 15% extra for a free retake!

A lot of reference to R2 and R2 DFL and FFL so be warned! swot up on the new stuff!

Certifications: 70-620:Configuring Windows Vista Client
    WIP: 70-640 / 70-642 / 70-646
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Sorry to hear it didn't go as planned matey.

Thanks for the heads up regarding R2 - i'm studying for this exam at the moment so will check these out.

Good luck on the retake! :thumbleft

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Did you go through the questions again after you finished so quickly?

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  4. dblight

dblight Bit Poster

Stupidly no I didn't. I marked a few to review and I reviewed them but I should have gone through them all individually, don't know why I didn't, just rushed it!

5. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

You will have just wanted it to be over :D You should always have another read through all your answered questions if you have time. When I do I usually end up changing a few answers. Not all exams will let you do this type of thing but MS do so you should take the best advantage of it you can. Any kind of educator will teach you to do this as part of your basic exam technique.
    It's done with now, just use that as the warm up. Get learning more on AD CS (very popular topic) and make sure you do some hands on stuff as well in a VM or whatever is available to you. Good luck for the next time :D

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  6. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Chalk it up to experience and better luck next time

I usually finish exams quickly, but I go through them again at least once although you have to be careful not to start changing answers on a whim, basically you need to give yourself a good reason to make changes, as usually first instincts are right (apart from the times when you have misread something which i am guilty of more often than not)

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Dust yourself off, study your weak areas, and give it another go. Best of luck on your next attempt!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. dblight

dblight Bit Poster

indeed i shall, thanks all!

9. Big Brotha

Big Brotha Bit Poster

What did you study with?

It appears that the new Training Kit with R2 content is to be released soon, did the current one seem like a waste of time by not having enough R2 material?

10. miamikk

miamikk New Member

I took the exam yesterday and failed miserably. Pretty much all the questions were on Win Server 2008 R2 and I did not anything on it. I prepared mostly using Trainsignal CBT. As the original poster mentioned, there were quite few CA questions.

11. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

There's quite a discussion on technet about it...

I've decided to postpone server 2008 until the new books are out.. They should be out in a couple of months.

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  12. woofwoof

woofwoof New Member

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I took my 70-640 and had more questions about CA than directly about AD! I actually thought I was taking the wrong exam at first. the First 10 questions where about CA! :blink

There where also quite a few on ADFS. I wonder if thequestions they ask at the start of the test about where you feel weak and strong actaully dictate the exam.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011