Failed 70-461

Discussion in 'SQL Exams' started by chicola, Mar 29, 2016.

1. chicola

chicola Bit Poster

Hi,

I failed with 672. The problem was that I got bogged down with some of the earlier questions and I wasn't sharp enough on the performance tuning questions.

Hopefully I can pass next time, but I might purchase a different testing program. I used Transcender and didn't feel that it quite prepares you for this exam. Does anyone have any recommendations of good testing programs other than Transcender?

2. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

It's good that you're able to see what you stumbled on the first time round, in terms of question type and your concentration. Work on that and you'll nail it next time!

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  3. chicola

chicola Bit Poster

I passed today (just) with 715 points. I found it very hard so not sure whether to continue on this certification path.

I would like to find a job which involves writing SQL queries, I've heard that it's possible to do application support jobs which involve writing queries. Should I now be able to get my foot in the door with 70-461? Currently, I work in desktop support so my experience is with supporting Windows, some server stuff and some network stuff. I want to see if I can get myself into a job which involves using my SQL skills.

4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

There are lot roles with SQL exposure.

Tech Pre-sales, IT Support, Tester, Developer, Data Entry, DBA, Data Scientist, Business Intelligence, Application Support, etc.

If you're prepared to learn, relocate and take a reasonable wage, can't see why you couldn't get one.

Why the interest in SQL ?

5. chicola

chicola Bit Poster

At first I wanted to get into testing and then was looking at job specs and they often asked for SQL so I decided to learn some of it and then ended up studying for 70-461. I don't want to loose the skills.

Currently, I do support, but I want to find a support job involving SQL. I can't really drop my salary, that's the problem, else I wouldn't be able to afford to food and a roof over my head.