Failed 70-431, disappointed with the results sheet?

Discussion in 'SQL Exams' started by phatboy, Mar 11, 2011.

1. phatboy

phatboy Nibble Poster

Hi,

Today I failed the 70-431 exam.

I got 1000/1000 on the simulation, but 670/1000 on the multiple choice section.

In previous MS exams (albeit about 3-4 years ago) that I sat, the results sheet I got showed the areas I was strong and weak in. This time it didn't. Just showed 2 bars, one for the Non-Performance based items, and one for the Performance based items.

This makes it harder to know what areas I need to concentrate my studies on for the next try :(

Is this how all the exams are now?

I also was surprised by some of the simulations that asked me to do things I had never heard of, despite reading the entire Ms Training Kit book, Exam Cram and using practice exams!

Thanks
    Tim

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCA 5.0, MCP 70-290 70-270 70-431
    WIP: CCNP R&S, CCNA Wireless
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Did you have any questions where you didn't know (or weren't sure of) the answers? Start by studying those things. You're not far off... only 30 points away.

The only other advice I have is to get some other (legit) practice exams that you haven't seen before so that you can find out where you're weakest.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. phatboy

phatboy Nibble Poster

Yes there were a few I am sure I didn't get right. Had a horrible one using TSQL, all 4 answers looked the same to me!

As a side-note, in the simulations, I am pretty sure I got the same one twice?! Has anyone else ever heard of that?

Cheers
    Tim

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCA 5.0, MCP 70-290 70-270 70-431
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It is rare, but I've seen duplicated questions before. Probably only 2 or 3 times in all the tests I've taken, though.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. phatboy

phatboy Nibble Poster

Pleased to say I passed the exam last Friday :D. 838/1000

Didn't learn anything new, just did a lot of practises exams. My weakness was not knowing how Microsoft now do their exams - haven't done an MCP for 4 years!

My recommended study for this exam is the MS Press Training Kit, CBT Nuggets, Exam Cram, and any practises exams you can get.

So, now to get on with the CCNA Security!! :)

6. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass!