Failed 70-293

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by Gareth.Harle, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Gareth.Harle

Gareth.Harle Bit Poster

Not looking for sympathy or anything but did anyone who has done 70-293 think that 90% of the questions were PKI or IPSec. These are my weakest areas hence the fail and it felt like I could have just read those two chapters word for word and not needed the rest of the Training Kit.

Any thoughts?

Certifications: MCSA, MCT, MCITP:EST
    WIP: Not sure yet
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Too bad about the failure. However as all MS exams are taken from a pool of questions, there is no way of knowing what within the exam topics (within each exam objectives) you will be tested on (or the amount of questions per subject within the boundaries of the exam). All I can say is that when you take you exam next time, make sure you know the exam objectives inside and out.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. gochieng

gochieng Bit Poster

thanks for the advise on how not to fail 293. thanks to Wagnek who has posted the exam objectives which should be a guide for thorough reading and preparations for the exams
    gochieng

Certifications: MCP, MCDBA
    WIP: MCSE
  4. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Bad luck with the fail. If you have a second shot voucher then i would suggest swotting up quick and getting back to it! Good luck.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  5. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Bad luck buddy, better luck next time.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  6. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Sorry to hear about the fail, but thank you for the information.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5