Failed 70-291.

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by Daniel, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Daniel

Daniel Byte Poster

Awful awful day.

Failed 70-291 with a score of 677/1000.

I know why I failed, I had 11 IIS questions and I dont think in the exam objectives for this exam it says ANYTHING about IIS.

My study material didnt even hint at IIS let alone dedicate a section to it.

Pretty gutted, the actual exam was easy, those damn IIS questions.

Gonna rebook it for two weeks time, just go over the material again and study IIS and WSUS.

(Even though I shouldnt have almost 1/4 of my exam dedicated to something I shouldnt have studied for.)

Time to kick back for tonight, grab a beer and relax before I dive back into it all tomorrow.

Also! It took me 4 hours to get back home, 2 hours of walking, 2 hours of trains, brilliant!

Also (again), how did you guys study after failing 70-291? Or any exam for that matter.

In all honesty I dont think I should of failed today, im still gob smacked at those questions, but I guess I got a bad bunch?

Thanks for you support on this exam guys.

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: None, but learning SEO/SEM
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Gutted for you mate but I failed 291 and kicked its teeth in on the second attempt. You'll be fine. I think you are doing the right thing booking it for 2 weeks time, I left mine for months because I got some free exams (as you do) and wish I hadn't.

I did exactly what you are doing mate. I thought about which questions left me without a clue and concentrated on those subjects. I just thought I could pass anything after my degree and was over confident to be honest with you. I've learned my lesson the hard way :oops:

Don't beat yourself up about it, most of us have failed one or two along the way. Its only important you get back revising and don't let it beat you again :twisted:

Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Daniel

Daniel Byte Poster

Yeah, thanks Jim :biggrin

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure till he gives up.”

“Nothing fails like success because we don't learn from it. We learn only from failure.”

“Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.”

“When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.”

^^

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Not the end of the world mate and your score wasnt too bad as well.

Brush up on IIS and try again! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What study material did you use? :(

Best of luck on your next attempt. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Daniel

Daniel Byte Poster

I used LabSim.

I think I will refer to the MS Press Book for the next 2 weeks, it seems to use IIS by way of implementing IPSec policies.

7. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

You only failed by a small margin (not sure if that makes it better or worse).

I'm sure that you will pass in a couple of weeks time.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

This is true, i just double checked the objectives. Thats a real bummer mate, if i were you i would give M$ some serious profane feedback :thumbdwn

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  9. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

good idea
    you may even get a free copy of windows7 ultimate :rolleyes:

either way like most people in this thread have said, bad luck mate- you will nail it on the next go!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
    Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)