Failed 70-290 for the second time.

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by kfoulks2011, Aug 3, 2011.

1. kfoulks2011

kfoulks2011 Bit Poster

I failed this test about a month ago by only a few questions. Retook the exam today and failed by even worse. I need some advice on what to do and point me in the right direction. I get a second shot in 2 weeks and i surely dont want to fail this again. My weak points from the first time were my strong points this time. And my strong points from last time were my weak points this time. What gives!! I honestly dont know where to turn for this exam. Im obviously doing something wrong :rolleyes:. HELP ME PLEASE! :biggrin:biggrin

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCP (70-270)
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Julius

Julius Bit Poster

Hey kfoulks2011,

I know how you feel. I have written the 640 twice and still no luck, I want to write it at the end of this month. Both times I have written it I didn't purchase a second shot because I was certain that I didn't need it! Lol, how wrong I was, so many months later and £200 quid down, here I am.

Have you tried additional practice exam papers that are available online?

I struggle on my exam technique, I rushed through it, failed by 3 questions and finished the exam in 50 minutes...

What I am finding hard now is getting to my studies, any advice on study technique?

Let me know how you get on?

Regards,
    J

3. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

It looks like you learnt your weaknesses from the first time and brushed upon them but then forgot about the rest of it. You can only keep going over the whole book and spending a bit more time on the bits you feel weak in.

Do you use the technologies in a day to day enviroment at work?

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it, as far as exams go I found this one the hardest (in fact I took it 4 times).
    Knuckle down on your weak areas but don't neglect the others and you will be fine.

If it was meant to be easy then we would all be working in IT......... oh, hang on, saying that in this forum is probably not a good idea ;)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA