Failed 294

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by Crito, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Crito

Crito Banned

I'm so frickin' tired at this point. Just finished re-reading the whole !@#$ training kit -- well, more like a review skim, but anyway -- and found the most important note in the whole book in chapter 11.

[​IMG]

I believe they made a typo, however. Instead of "You can also" it should read "You absolutely must". :dry

And if that's a violation of the NDA then MS can ki$$ my butt and refund my money because the training kit DOES NOT train you to use this utility.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: none
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Best of luck for Monday...

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I have yet to see a book or practice exam - mine included - that is free of errors. :) We're human.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Crito

Crito Banned

Fair enough, but as a test taker you've got to understand it's a bit infuriating to be hit with something like this seemingly out of the blue when you've put forth the effort to study the right way (not just by memorizing some braindump). Quite simply, if it's on the test it should be in the official training material. Or conversely, if they're not going to take the time to update the training material then it shouldn't be on the exam. I learned EVERYTHING they told me I needed to know then when I sat for the exam first thing that pops up is something that wasn't covered. And this was the second time they pulled that on me too. Really made my blood boil... was impossible for me to focus after that.

In any case, I'm ready for them this time around. :box2

5. BosonMichael

In an ideal world, yes, it should. But we're not given any "insider" information about on what's on the test. We authors are as much in the dark about that as you guys. The best we can do is the best we can do... and at best, we can only write about what we personally see.

Knock 'em dead, Crito!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. Crito

Crito Banned

Well, I can put this one to rest. Got a fair number of different questions, probably about 25% of them, so the pool must be pretty large. Got the exact same three sims though. Guess sometimes luck of the draw works against you and somtimes in your favor. :rolleyes:

Anywho, think I'm going to sleep the rest of the week. Feeling a little punch drunk at this point. :box

[​IMG]

... still need to KO 297, so I'll be back. ;)

7. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass...
    Time to catch up on that weekend partying 8) :alc

8. BosonMichael

Congrats!

9. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  10. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well done that man 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  11. Crito

Crito Banned

Thanks everyone... will definitely sign up for that second shot before attempting 297.

Don't drink or smoke (anymore) but I celebrated by eating an entire pan pizza myself. :sick LOL

12. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

you pie! congrats.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  13. Corsair

Corsair Nibble Poster

Congratulations!!!! 889 is an excellent score....

Regarding your previous posts... I find it extrange that you were not familiar with gpmc?

Certifications: MCSA, MCTS, Security+, Network+
    WIP: CCNA
  14. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass... :D

15. Crito

Crito Banned

The training kits (second revisions) don't use GPMC and it's not required to manage anything.

It's growing on me though...