failed 291 :(

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by _omni_, Feb 9, 2006.

1. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

well i felt ready and i thought i got somewhere in the 800's...instead i got somewhere in the 600's :cry:
    crushing feeling when it tells you "you did not pass"...
    i did ok to good in most areas except network security, did quite bad in that section.
    oh well i'll study up where i'm lacking and take it again in a couple weeks.
    :(

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Sorry to hear that.

At least you can take your score sheet and brush up on where you struggled.

Now, as it's nearly the weekend, take some time off and have a beer! :slidedrin You can hit the books again on Monday.

3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Agreed. I know it's disheartening to not pass and exam but it happens to the best. As Simon says, take the weekend to recoop, then hit the books. Next time, you'll kill it. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Actually _omni_, a score in the 600's is still something to be quite proud of.

When I took my MCSA exams I think that there was only one exam where I scored over 700. At the time though the passing scores were lower.

This is also one of the reason that I don't list that cert in my profile, because by todays standards I wouldn't have passed.

8)

5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

You can say that again, it feels absolutely dreadful. When I failed 70-216 the so-called beast I had studied it for six months solid and there was no score given or any feedback at all, just *you did not pass*.

Ouch Omni, I feel for you. But you must build a bridge, get over it and go sit the thing again soon.

Did you use exam prep software?

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Your right mate, those were the worst times when you didn't even get any feedback from the exam. :cry:

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. SYN

SYN Bit Poster

Sorry to hear that

I finished the 2277 course a week ago and am now about to revise for the 70-291

I am also doing my 2278 course next week so i hope im not too bowled over

Im sure you will pass next time

Certifications: VCP,MCTS, MCSE, Security+, CIW-D
    WIP: MCITP
  8. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Sorry to hear about the fail.. like the guys have said.. take a few days off clear your mind and study like mad!! :biggrin 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  9. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

You have a whole lot of company. I think there were more people who flunked that test the first time than who passed it the first time. Three out of four of us from the training provider I used that took that exam at around the same time I did flunked it the first time.

It is definitely a tough exam.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  10. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

thanks guys.
    yes, preplogic. and i'd score in the 900's with that. unfortunately it cannot even begin to compare to micrsoft's questions.

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  11. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Sorry to hear it _omni_, but going by your score, you weren't a kick in the arse away from a pass (not that I would know). Straight back at it and show it next time, m8.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  12. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Omni,

Sorry to hear you didn't pass. While i haven't taken any MS exams (yet) i hear they are a lot more challenging than Comptia's....

Good luck for next time :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  13. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I recommend this over and over again, but most people don't want to spend the money. However, I'll recommend this again. Use Transcender's or Self-Test Software's practice exams. They are a very good approximation of Microsoft's questions. Nobody else really comes even close on a difficulty-of-question scale. These two companies--well one company now but still different brands--have the best question writers around.

If you use Transcender or SelfTest Software practice exams you will be ready for the way MS words their tests.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1