failed 270 again!

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by twizzle, Jul 30, 2011.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Well last thursday i sat the 70-270 configuring XP exam. It didnt go to well. Was really off to a bad start when the exam crashed as soon as i clicked start. The test center guys tried to fix it but after 3 more crashes they had to call prometric. This resulted in them redownloading the exam files and me starting 10 minutes late for teh exam despite getting there an hour early!
    And what did i get as a fail result? 602!!!!! so not far of the mark but still another fail.

Does anyone knoa if MS or prometric have any current running 2nd shot offers? i want to get this thing nailed! Then looking to do teh OU MS server course in OCT that covers W2k8.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  2. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

It doesn't look like they are running any offers at the moment I'm afraid.

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  3. jezza1970

jezza1970 Nibble Poster

Bad luck with that Twizzle...
    I am planning to take this exam at the end of August. What with the new price and the new resceduling fee I am making sure I am ready before I book (I took the 70-284 TWICE before the expiry date and failed TWICE with scores of 665 and 647!)
    So this gives me about a month to brush up on the content of which at the moment I know most but there are areas I need to revise.
    Good luck when you decide to take it again.

Certifications: BEng (HONS); MCP 70-290; 70-291; 70-270; 70-680
    WIP: ACSP, 70-648
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Bad luck twiz its really offputting when the exams wobble or crash (I've not had a crash yet but have sat for a minute or two waiting for the next question to pop up). Still on the bright side you getting much closer and am only a few questions away from a pass.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Have a look at this

Learning Plan Details

Usually Technet covers a lot of the exam material, and this is a good quick way to find those materials, am testing this method for my 70-686 exam, as my boss uses technet for the majority of his study (along with a few other bits) and always seems to pass!

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  6. TheTrainingGuy

TheTrainingGuy New Member

Deadline to sit any second shots was July 2011.

If you look around some companies offer free re-sits if you sign up for their training package but if its just the exam you are after then your cheapest option is to just pay the exam fee again.

7. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Good luck with resitting it if you do matey. You signed up for the TM128 yet then? I think you will enjoy it if you do, I may even end up tutoring you as I'm an Asociate Lecturer on that course for the East Midlands region. You may well be just outside my catchment area though. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  8. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Well i had an email saying thanks for asking for your free retake voucher. I never did ask! But tried the voucher on prometric and its worked, so now i have another resit for the 270 due early sept.

Modey, yep i have applied to register for the OU course. sent in my request for finacial aid the other day too as hoping to get some money towards it. Think this will be better for me as i need structured learning as i then have obvious goals and targets. When i teach myself, sometimes its easy to set a target then just keep extending it and get lazy. Also want to do thier web design course, but for some reason that one wont let me complete registration.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I just hate it when an exam crashes. Glad to see you got a free retake voucher. Good luck.

Certifications: A+ and Network+