Failed 1st attempt at the netscaler exam

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by dales, Jun 12, 2012.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi all,

Just thought I'd report back I had a first go at the citrix netscaler exam today after work told me a month ago I had to take it. I failed it this morning but I'm not too worried about it. I took the exam to have a look and see what level the exam is actually at as I've found studying for the exam a most frustrating experience. There are no books for the exam and the citrix online training is practically just a 30 hour powerpoint slideshow. Nothing is that well documented and the best bits of information I found were inevitably on netscaler based user forums. Other than that my home lab consists of 3 netscaler vpx's (two in an HA config and the the third mimicing a gslb config) with some generic iis boxes behind them.

Netscaler is a beast to learn but actually are rather fun once you get the hang of it.

The good thing about the citrix exam print out is that it gives you a decent idea on what you need to brush up on, so I'll study for another couple of weeks and give it another bash!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Sorry to hear that and best wishes on your next attemp. Just out of curiousity is there any good XenApp 6.5 book you can recommend.

I have downloaded the Citrix edocs version of it but it is vast in terms of the information etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Dales, for bringing this thread back to life as just realised its over a year old:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

That's no problem you'll be glad to know I passed it shortly afterwards. In regards to xenapp books there's only really one "getting started with xenapp" , its actually quite good although you'll need to refer to Citrix edocs for more info on polices and things

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing