faild OS exam today

Discussion in 'A+' started by chedylan, Jan 10, 2007.

1. chedylan

chedylan New Member

:( :(

495, 505 to pass!!

not sure how many questions off that is but it makes me mad.

I booked this exam for a month ago. 12th dec but when i go to the test centre (AM:PM in Brighton) it was closed!!!
    thanks for telling me guys!! (am:pm and prometric) the earliest i could rebook one elsewhere was today, a month after!
    i had a week off work to nail this back in decemeber this time could only get the test day , so only had the weekend to prepare.

Im really angry cos I was really prepared for this before , actually felt quite confident so u can imagine my reaction when i tried to open the door to the test office and it was empty!!

If they had told me it was closed indefinately I could perhaps have rebooked the exam a bit sooner when my preparation was still fresh and i was ready, thats what i paid for!
    Now i dont have £108 for a retest:(

sorry guys rant over

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It's strange that they still had the center listed even though it had shut down... someone definitely dropped the ball on that one.

Best of luck on your next attempt! If you don't have the money to retake, get the money somehow... deliver pizzas if you must. Remember, this is an investment in your career.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

I'm sorry to hear you didn't pass and with all that preperation and the let down with the original test date,but don't think any less of yourself for it and don't think for one second that anyone here thinks any the less of you,you get straight back into your OS studies and nail the A+ on your retake.You know you can ask any question,any time here and you will get an answer.You'll be announcing your pass soon enough buddy,I can feel it in my trousers..8)

Certifications: A+ Network+
  4. chedylan

chedylan New Member

i first booked it in november for 12th of december. So i guess somewhere between those dates the centre closed down, when? i dont know , someone screwed up and im going to find out now ive failed.
    I will never know if i would be certified by now if i took it then , but I DO know i felt a hel of a lot more confident that day, than i did today or now even.

i will put it behind me but i still want to find out whos responsible for the screwup.
    thanks for the nice reply tho! wasnt expecting that :D, i do feel a bit of a div failing the a+ , found it harder than i thought. maybe this isnt my game afterall, but i'll give it another go

5. BosonMichael

Time for a little tough love...

What's past is past. Certainly Prometric dropped the ball by not telling you that the center is closed. But ultimately, you are responsible for learning the material... so the blame for failing the test is yours.

It's not productive for you to spend your energy to "find out whos responsible for the screwup" simply to justify a reason for yourself for why you didn't pass the exam. You failed it because you didn't know the material well enough. Thus, you should study the sections where you are weak and retake the exam as soon as possible.

That said, it's also counter-productive for you to be down on yourself, thinking that this isn't your game. If you enjoy doing it, you can MAKE it your game. So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and try again. Otherwise, if you just give up, you've failed TWICE. Most of us have failed an exam before... including me, and check out all the certifications I've gotten (in my sig). Don't let it get you down. Use your experience as a learning tool and fix what's broken.

Best of luck on your next attempt! You can do it!!!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. chedylan

chedylan New Member

yeah ulimately i dont know enough, thats been proved today
    but those arseholes have cost me.

imagine your delight , feeling confident on your way to an exam, turn up and its cancelled.

they should ****ing pay for my resit

7. philswindin

philswindin Bit Poster

Prometric paid for my resit and an extra exam when they $crewed up. Bit late but I would of kicked off with em first time.

Lesson to this one, use VUE 8)

8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Unlucky mate, it can be a hassle arranging time off work only to find out that your exam has been cancelled.

In saying that try to forget about all of that and focus on your A+ studies. Now you know what is required for the exam so if you put the time in you will be at the right side of 505 next time! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Bummer that you failed, it's not a nice experience I know. Like BBM I have also failed in the past and it did get to me big time. However, sulking and feeling sorry for yourself is not going to get you that A+ and to be honest, I doubt that you had a good enough grasp of the material if you forgot it in a few weeks. The important lesson here is that you need to learn the material, so that it becomes part of your knowledge. The certs are no where near as important as the knowledge gleaned whilst studying for them.

Now, get back on your horse, delve back into your study material and book the exam re-take sooner rather than later.

Good luck!

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  10. BosonMichael

Excellent advice - I wholeheartedly agree. :)