Extreme newb to networking

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Pheonicks56, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

Okay all I am extremely bad at networking and don't have a ton of experience so far.

My problem is I have created a work group with my virtual machine running XP pro, my desktop running Vista Ultimate and my tablet pc running XP tablet edition.

My tablet PC can access the desktop and the virtual machine, the desktop can access the virtual machine but not the tablet and gets an error code 0x80070035 the network path was not found. And the virtual machine can access the desktop but not the tablet as well. What exactly am I doing wrong and how can I get this working so everyone can access each machine?

**Alright y'all sorry for posting this, ever since I reinstalled XP and reformatted my desktop I've had this problem and then I installed Vista on top of it. Well I finally figured out my problem and just fixed it myself. The Windows firewall on the tablet PC was set to not allow any exceptions when one of the exceptions was printer and file sharing! HA take that Microsuck!

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Is file and printer sharing enabled on the tablet? What shares have you created, and how are you attempting to access them?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!