Experience

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zxspectrum, Sep 8, 2010.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

As my degree is in its last year, i have been looking round to get soem hand on work either paid or volunteer. Ive been pestering my mate who works in a uni, currently the one i go to, to let me help out every now and then. Well he rarang me up on sunday and on monday i was helping him update all the pcs in the entire block, by installing NIC cards, setting up new equipment and also loading xp through a ghost set up. This is quite goos stuff and obviously because hes new to the dept, he needs help from the other IT dept. The bonus being that every thime they come down, he always introduces me to them, and when we are done in the first block, we are going to help them with any work they need help with.

All of this will also be recoreded by them so if i need a reference or even go to for a job at this place, then everything ive done is documented. Im quite pleased with myself to be honest, hopefully when it comes to me aplying for jobs it will help me out.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Absolutely! Congrats, and good job for taking the initiative to do it!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

What Mike said, Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA