1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EXIN = Useless

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by pete.grant, Jul 10, 2009.

1. pete.grant

pete.grant Byte Poster

I passed the SNCS exam on 12th June and after reading that EXIN was taking over the distribution of the exam from SCP I decided to take the EXIN version. On EXIN's website it states that you should receive your certificate within 4 weeks of the pass date and that if you don't you should email them.

For a start, if you select your county of residence on their online form as 'other countries' you receive an error when sending the email so I had to select my country of residence as The Netherlands just so that the email would send. I also sent them three emails before I received a response, basically saying that there was a delay and it should be posted within the next few weeks. How they actually define 'few' I have no idea but what I do know is I will never sit another exam with them.

I never even received an email from them confirming/congratulating me on the pass. I'm glad I sat my ITIL exam with ISEB and not these jokers! Anyone else have any experience dealing with EXIN?

Certifications: A+ IT Technician, CCENT, CEH, CPTS, CIW Security Analyst, ITIL v3 Foundation, Master CIW Administrator, MCITP (Windows Server 2008:SA), MCSA on Windows Server 2008, MCSA:Security on Windows Server 2003, MCTS (70-648, 70-652), Network+, SCNS, Security+, Server+
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

I've had no problems with EXIN, I sat my ITIL thru them and found them really good. I did e-mail regarding the ITIL badge and they responsed one or two days later.

If they've only just taken over the delivery of the SCP exams, I bet it's only the teething problems that you're experiencing.

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. pete.grant

pete.grant Byte Poster

Thanks for sharing your experience wagnerk. I'm just a little frustrated as I put in many hours studying preparing for the exam, then after passing it I get the impression that EXIN has just taken my money and run! Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for the certificate.

Certifications: A+ IT Technician, CCENT, CEH, CPTS, CIW Security Analyst, ITIL v3 Foundation, Master CIW Administrator, MCITP (Windows Server 2008:SA), MCSA on Windows Server 2008, MCSA:Security on Windows Server 2003, MCTS (70-648, 70-652), Network+, SCNS, Security+, Server+