Excuse my french

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by morph, Oct 31, 2007.

1. morph

morph Byte Poster

but does anyone else think this is bollox

pre-requisite for CCNA 4 day boot camp type thing :

Basic computer literacy, including use of general office software such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
    Basic Windows navigation skills
    Basic Internet usage skills
    Basic e-mail usage skills

i'm going on one next year but i'm cramming hard for network + - looking at networking topologies and all the other wonderful stuff :)
    But basic pc knowledge to do the CCNA?
    just wondered what others thought...

Certifications: Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: server/ccna security
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Of course that must be true, in order to connect to Cisco equipment you have to be able to do a mail merge between Word and Excel, and then e-mail it out. Besides how much more proof do you need, it's on their wedsite :dry

Just another reason why I do not like alot of these private training companies.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. morph

morph Byte Poster

hehehe - yeah good point... was surprised to see it on cisco's website thats all :)
    but yes i can see how mail merge might help as well - i best read up on that ;)

Certifications: Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: server/ccna security
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

On Cisco's Web site? Where? Might you have a link?

Those sound more like prerequisites to prerequisites to prerequisites for doing the CCNA. :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. HMSPresident

HMSPresident Bit Poster

If the training provider is anything like the one I used, they will send you the "Intro" course (or ICND1 as it is now) as e-learning to be completed before attending.. Even then, we still went through the material again on the course and then the whole of ICND2..

BootCamps are definitely marketed as being 'CCNA in a week', but I would say you either need to be exceptionally clever or have a reasonable amount of experience to pass after 5 days..

That said, it will cover everything that (I believe) is in N+.. IP addressing, subnetting etc. All the non-Cisco fundamentals that you need.

Certifications: See sig..
    WIP: BCMSN