Exchange / Outlook Calendar issue - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Software' started by rax, Nov 19, 2014.

1. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Hi guys,

Been a while since I've posted, just been extremely busy with lots of stuff going on irl.

Anyway, I've come across an issue at work that I'm starting to believe is a user error but don't want to blame them without due diligence.

Basically, we use some dynamic dist groups in AD and a user has reported that several users who were invited to the Xmas party through this are missing on the response list.

Checking the AD group, all users are listed.
    Checking the recipients in exchange using PS shows all the users correctly.
    Checking message tracking in exchange shows the item being delivered successfully to the users mailboxes.
    I've also checked Get-CalendarProcessing |FL AutomateProcessing and AddNewRequestsTentatively and both show as AutoUpdate and True.

Exchange 2010 / (Office)Outlook 2010

Any thoughts?

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Any spam filters running on the PC? May have junked the email.

Just cancel the xmas party! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I was dealing with a similar situation the other day so i may be able to help

Basically you send the email to the group and you can set it so that you get a delivery receipt and an acknowledgement receipt. Also in the sent items folder, use the search box and type in the name of the email, IE crimbo party and then look at all the users in the list, if they arent in the list they arent in the list, but if they are and they have an exclamation mark in their names then there is an issue along the lines, which you will need to trace back, ie by sending on user out of that group and see what goes. Sparkys option may be worth checking as well.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680