exchange exam help

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by msk, Mar 19, 2009.

1. msk

msk New Member

Hi there

Just moved to London awhile ago(8 months), and now looking for a place to write my 70-284 & 70-285 in London. Does anybody know of any good places and what the costs are. any help or a pointer in the right direction would be great.:rolleyes:

And one more thing should you write 70-284 before 70-285 or doesn't it really matter, I know 4 comes before 5 and all that, but just checking

thanks
    Msk

2. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

All of the Microsoft exams are provided by Prometric - http://www.prometric.com - at face price, they all cost £88. However, there are several sites where you can get discounted vouchers for the exam (usually about £10 off or so). Personally, I use http://www.getcertified4less.com . From looking at the site to schedule an exam, there are LOADS of centres in London.

Although I have not taken the Exchange exams yet, by looking at the descriptions I would imagine that it would be better to take the 284 before the 285. The 284 teaches you how to administrate Exchange server, i.e. all of the nuts and bolts of the thing - sort of the Exchange version of the MCSA; the 285 seems to be more designing the initial architecture of Exchange - the Exchange version of the MCSE if you will. I would think that the 285 assumes you know quite a bit about Exchange already. I am sure others in this forum will be along soon to clarify this - just throwing in my two pennies. Hope this is some help.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc