Problem Exchange Certificates

Discussion in 'Software' started by westernkings, May 9, 2011.

1. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Hey guys,

For some reason when connecting outlook via HTTP internally, it comes up asking to accept a certificate for remote.domain.com even though everything in SBS2008 has been changed to exchange.domain.com.

I'm just about to purchase an SSL certificate from Verisign (30 day free trial to test) but I'm now unsure of the half dozen certificates floating around exchange.

Basically, everything should be on exchange.domain.com/ and nothing should be via remote.domain.com.

Here's a screen-shot of the Get-Exchangecertificates. Anyone got any suggestions on resolving this? Outlook Anywhere auto-discover works but stumbles at the second steps due to a continuous login box which I assume it because of an SSL or Authentication failure.

Capture.JPG

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

https://www.digicert.com/easy-csr/exchange2007.htm

Follow the how to generate SSL cert guide on the Exchange Server itself and you should be fine mate.

In regard to the remote. prompt it sounds like a host header in IIS.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs