Exchange 2007 Public Mailbox

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by Jiser, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

I am trying to grant send as pemission to a user on a publicmailbox on Exchange 2007. The user in question is in another domain on Exchange 2010. So I have managed to create a local domain security group on AD and have added the user from the other domain to the group and assigned send as permission on Exchange 2007 to the public mailbox. However the user still cannot send from the public mailbox.

The user in question also has a contact created on the exchange 2007 which points to their new email on exchange 2010 which I put in the security group as well.

Any ideas how to get around it? I dont think its going to work at all. The domains are in the same forest/trusted etc.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  2. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Security groups and contacts have nothing to do with making this work. Tutorials found on Bing should show the correct procedure to do this at its most basic level.

However, sometimes its just a question of waiting 15 minutes to an hour so that replication finishes, then it begins to work.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  3. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Doesnt work for me but thats k. Workaround for it.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

You might have to grant the user's account in question the Send As Permission on the exchange server. Security groups in active directory has more to do with network folder access or distribution list as this would not resolve the issue.

Remember exchange 2007 does not place a lot of emphasis on security groups as it only uses the existing user account in AD.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell