Excel with lotus notes query...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rostros22, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Rostros22

Rostros22 Kilobyte Poster

Wonder if anyone could help…

I have been asked by my wonderful manager (head of IT and still tries to burn CD’s in his CD-ROM drive) to investigate something in excel.

He wants to be able to send a workbook via e-mail using the ‘send to’ function. This wouldn’t be a problem if we used Outlook as our mail client but seeing as we use Lotus Notes (god only knows why) here the option is greyed out in excel. He could just easily attach the spread sheet as a document but that wouldn’t be any fun now would it!

Info:
    MS Office XP Excel
    Windows XP Pro
    Lotus Notes 7 client

I am currently running queries through the almighty google just wondered if anybody had any input.

Cheers

Certifications: ITIL Certs, F.A.S.T Auditor Certs
    WIP: None - Application with Police
  2. bookworms

bookworms New Member

According to the help topic from Excel and Lotus cc:Mail you need to check that Datafiles Mapivi32.dll, Mapivitk.dll and Mvthksrv.exe are located in the folder System or System32 of Windows.

HTH
    or how about installing outlook express for the geek? :D

3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Nah, forget that, Rostros - use the almighty Trip. Just remember, Trip is your friend :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. Rostros22

Will check this out on Monday when I am back, cheers for looking bookworm. I had a look today for him but as Mr Boss says himself "My department is to busy for that..."

Ooooo careful he might here you! It took us 5 years to get him to convert from Smartsuite to Office, maybe in 2010 I might get Outlook / Exchange on the network! :biggrin

5. Rostros22

Mr Trip your almighty advice is required, O Trip, Trip! wherefore art thou Trip? :biggrin