1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exams for The Future

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zimbo, Mar 3, 2006.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

I know certs seem to go with your job (well they supposed to) but i cant help but wonder, what certs you guys out there are looking at to do in the near future anything different from the normal MCSE's and CCNA's and the entry-level certs (A+ and N+)

I know we have two guys going for LPI certs anyone doing anything like a CCDA or RHCE or Server+???

Personally im looking at Linux+ and when i get MCSA possibly the Security exams from MS. I would like to get into Cisco but i feel getting certified with me still being in a support role wouldnt be much as i dont have much networking experience!

What does everyone else have in mind? 8)
    Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I have penciled in (rather lightly) INet+, Security+ and Server+.

*If* I do all those I might then look at some M$ certs like the desktop one.

For me it isn't set in stone as my company isn't expecting me to get any certs, so I can pick and choose.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

think im looking at Net+ followed by Security+, MCDST, MSCE, and then maybe a Linux cert of some kind...

Depends really on money and availability of help for studies.... and if i get job in mean time.
    Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  4. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

I'm slowly studying for the CCDA (the design version of the CCNA). As well as the 2 upgrade exams for the MCSE. If I have enough time this year, maybe a fourth one maybe the Wireless# or the CWNA. But I'll have to see how motivated I am :D

But then again, this is linked to the jobs that we have to do. As well as maintaining, and extending our Win2k/2k3 enviornment, we are planning to implement a wireless network.
    Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  5. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

It all depends on what job I get.

I'm now in need of a job, but it looks like I'll be applying for helpdesk jobs, as most others need more 'experience.'

My Network + is definately next, within a couple of weeks. (Fingers crossed for one of those getcertified4less early expiry vouchers :) )

Then after that, should also definately be the 70-290, 70-291.

But after that, who knows. Maybe the MCSE, maybe the CCNA. But Certs are like pringles . . . no, not round and crunchy . . . once you pop, you just can't stop. :biggrin
    Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard