Exams for Forreigners

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Octipus, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Octipus

Octipus New Member

so...as the title say, I`m from Romania (sorry for my bad english).I read a lot of threads before posting this and i found this forum very usefull but i still have some questions. I recently moved to London and i`m currently unemployed. I`m almost 21 years old and i`ve just finished college. The college is named Technical College Of Communications and I`m specialized in:
    • Technological/Technical electronical technician
    • Level 1 Worker in electronics
    • Level 2 Electronic engineer in telecommunications networks
    Now, i want to take the a+ and n+ exams which won`t be a big problem for me from what i`ve seen so far, because i`m familiar with pc-s and pc components, softwares, configuring etc.
    now the questions:
    1. Can i sustain the exams if i`m from Romania?(i dont have NINO for the moment but i`ll apply for it in about a week or two and then for yellow/blue card)
    2. Is there any way for my diplomas to be recognized here in the uk so i can get a job till i`ll pass the exams and have all the papers done?
    3. Anyone have passed the a+ test and dont need anymore the books so he/she can make a donnation or to sell them cheaper than amazon because as i sayed i don`t work for now, i`m trieing to get a job in cathering or something but its preety hard without a work permit.

i guess thats it for now....if anything comes to my mind i guess i`ll ask
    the 1st post is the hardest:D
    again sorry for my bad english

2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

It doesn't really matter which country you come from or where you take the exams. You can take the exams in a local testing center if you book the exam and pay the money.

No idea, for that you will have to contact one (or more) of the local government bureaus. They should be able to tell you what you need to do to get your qualifications recognised.

Have a look in the sales and swaps area, you might get lucky.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Welcome to the forum.

Your English seems pretty good. A few minor grammatical errors, or incorrect pluralisations, but nothing more than any or foreign national that speaks pretty good English. No need to apologise for it at all. The only two minor things that I would point out are:

trieing - Should be trying.
    sayed - should be said.

And even then, they dont make the sentence hard to understand.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. Octipus

Octipus New Member

ok thank your very much. I`m glad to be part of such a great community. Ill have a look in sales but until then i find professor messor`s tutorials very helpfull. are those videos ok for the exams or the exams require much more?

5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Professor messer videos are good but I would reccomend that you supplement his videos with some reading material. Unless you know the subjects very well it is always advisable to have more than one source of study material.

For the A+ I would recommend compTIA A+ all in one exam guide 7th edition by Mike Meyers
    For the N+ I would reccomend compTIA N+ all in one exam guide 4th edition by Mike Meyers and Network+ by Todd Lammle

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. Octipus

Octipus New Member

thank you sir:)