1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Examforce - Good, Evil or indifferent?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Davidus, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Davidus

Davidus Nibble Poster

Hi Folks

Recently had a phone call from a sales rep (from USA) offering a deal re: CompTIA (and before ye all ask - I had contacted them a while back - only taken them 3 months or so to get in touch mind BUT)...

What I would like to know is whether anyone has had dealings with them and if they found it beneficial to passing the exams.

NB - I am (sortof - don't ask, lol) plodding throught Mike Myers book and am thinking along the lines that I may need something to reinforce this self study.

Apologies if this sounds a little vague, but wanted some honest, and possibly unpredujiced (spelling mite not be right) opinions.

Many thanks in advance.

Certifications: EDCL (don't laugh)
    WIP: 70-536, Comptia A+
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

I havent had any experience with them but i suggest if you serious about the A+ then take that book seriously cause its all you need! Yes its a big book but if there is one guide in this world that basically teaches you about one cert its that one! just my 2 euros worth! :biggrin
    Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

As you're aware they are not a braindump company (which is good). I have only used their free guides (which are ok), which are about the same (as in content worth) to cramsession's free guides. As I haven't used them as a proper study guide, I have to say that I'm indifferent.

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  4. Davidus

Davidus Nibble Poster

Thanks guys.

On that basis - its stick plodding throught the (ahem) 'bible' that is Mike Myer's masterpiece and sit the exam.

If I fails, then I'll resort to these ExamForce people from across the waters.

Nice simple plan (for a nice simple person) :biggrin

Certifications: EDCL (don't laugh)
    WIP: 70-536, Comptia A+