exam troubleshooting scenario's

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by phatboy, Jan 27, 2008.

1. phatboy

phatboy Nibble Poster

Hi
    Im practically at the end of the CCENT study book, and have just got to the troubleshooting scenario's form routing.
    I thought I was doing pretty well up until this, but i nearly s**t myself when I looked at scenerio. It featured 4 routers and a few connected devices. I had to work out various issues such as mismatched masks, invalid address's. It took me a very long time!

Am I likely to get one like this in the exam? I beleive the ciscopress book goes into more detail than required sometimes....

The exam is in 11 days, and this has definilty dented my confidence

Thanks

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCA 5.0, MCP 70-290 70-270 70-431
    WIP: CCNP R&S, CCNA Wireless
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You might. Unfortunately, the Cisco Confidentiality Agreement we signed when we took the exam prohibits any of us who have taken the exam from telling what we saw on the exam.

The CCENT isn't a pushover exam... it's meant for people who understand networking and are starting to use Cisco devices. If you don't know how to subnet quickly in your head, practice until you can. Time is of the essence on the CCENT (50-60 questions in 90 minutes according to Cisco), and you can't skip a question and come back to it later... there is no PREVIOUS button.

Additionally, if you have not practiced using Cisco devices or a simulator, I'd urge you to do so. Being familiar with the interface will help you to answer questions quickly. Again, time is of the essence... anything you can do to increase your speed will be beneficial.

All that said, if you completely understand the topics on the exam, you should do well. :)

Best of luck to you! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. phatboy

phatboy Nibble Poster

hi, thanks for your help.
    Of course I understand you are not allowed to give away specifics of the exam. Was just really wandering if I would get something on that level of complexity, or whether the book is doing very hard ones so that, in theory, I would find the exam easy(ish)

I brought a set of routers and switches, and am very glad I did!! I feel I am pretty confident with router / switch config and commands, but I need to get faster with my subnetting!!

I think I understand all the concepts, just need to refresh on the network fundementals as it was a while ago I learnt all these bits though!!

Thanks for your help, Ill just keep gonig and be hopeful! :biggrin

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCA 5.0, MCP 70-290 70-270 70-431
    WIP: CCNP R&S, CCNA Wireless
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Wish I could tell you how complex the scenarios will be. Even if I could tell you, what if I got all the easy ones, and you get all the hard ones? Or vice versa? Your best course of action is to prepare for complex scenarios. If you do so, then if you get easy ones, it'll be easy to you. Plus, it'll make you a better tech.

Keep banging on those routers and switches, and continue to practice your subnetting/supernetting. You'll need every second you can get. :)

You can do it! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!