exam tips

Discussion in 'A+' started by pj, Jul 30, 2006.

1. pj

pj Bit Poster

Guys, are there any tips on specifics for the '220-301: A+ Core Hardware'. Sitting it this week and brickin it. Thanks in advance

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+ CCNA
  2. FZ1

FZ1 New Member

Ive recently sat my A+ when I sat the hardware exam I was worried to say the least(it had been over 20 years since taking a exam) as long as you have put the work in, you will know deep down your ready. The next exam will be a breeze :biggrin and good luck

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: Linux+
  3. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

make sure u practice from transcenders before sitting yr exam...gives a very clear picture of the weak areas that u need to concentrate on...and all the best with yr exam :thumbleft

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

As already said - practise questions are important, but try not to repeat the same 'format' of tests. If you get in the mindset where you are memorising questions (or the way they are asked) you might be tricked in the exam itself.

Make sure you've got the essentials 'down'. IRQ addresses, I/O addies for the COM/LPT ports, connector types and cable lengths. And most importantly - don't panic!

You'll be fine - good luck with the exam!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

and dont forget to read up on ram! :)

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

download the latest objectives from comptia and make sure you are happy with all of them.

Best of luck :thumbleft

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT