Exam Sim Software--which is the best?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Goddess, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Goddess

Goddess New Member

I'm getting ready to start coursework for MCSA 2003. My company is paying for my instructor led courses and the exams, but I'm probably going to have to pick up the tab on exam simulation software.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which exam sim software is most comprehensive for the $$?

I used SelfTest Software for my A+ and Net+ but found it to be only mediocre. It was quite a bit easier than the actual tests, and there were quite a few areas I was tested on the actual exams that were not even touched upon in the simulations. :blink

Thanks to all!
    -Bridget

Certifications: Degree, A+, Network+, MCP
    WIP: MCSA
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Transcender is supposed to be pretty good. Here's the link:

http://www.transcender.com/default.aspx

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Goddess

Goddess New Member

Yes, I've heard that Transcender is very good as well. It's also quite pricey (around $399 for core MCSA I believe). I'm hoping to find something of relatively comparable quality for a little less money. Although with exam sim software it may be "You get what you pay for!"

-Bridget

Certifications: Degree, A+, Network+, MCP
    WIP: MCSA
  4. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

thats not much though if your company is already paying for your lessons and exams.

i do not recommend preplogic as the 70-290 that i'm using has several mistakes in it, which quite pissed me off.

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I use Transcenders. I would feel naked going into an exam without one. IMHO they usually cover the exam topics very well and the exam engine is similar enough to the real thing to give you a feel for the actual exam. They are also highly rated by most people in the certification world. However, for some unknown reason, they are not recommended or promoted by Microsoft. They promote *MeasureUp* and *Self Test Software*.

Check this link MCP Practice tests - Microsoft site

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)