Exam Scheduled for August 2nd

Discussion in 'Network+' started by csand, Jul 10, 2008.

1. csand

csand New Member

Well to add one more post to this massive board- I'm currently studying to take my Network+ test on August 2nd (been studying off and on for a year and got serious about a month ago). I've been looking through this board for a few days and the contributions on here are awesome- i've been able to pick up a lot.

I've been working out of Mike Myers Passport, wikipedia and google for more in depth work, and I have all the mike myers practice exams which has been really good so far. Right now it looks like my weaknesses are: Novell (really bad) and WANs (not the basics, but the specifics on different types of lines).

I know where to go for WAN's, but does anyone have any good Network+ resources on Novell servers?

Back to making socket flash cards...

Certifications: Network+
    WIP: MCSA, CCNA, B.B.A. MIST
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Good luck with the exam, just be aware that the passport book is a revision book and not an in depth book of the material for the N+.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. csand

csand New Member

Thanks, I found that out about a week ago but it doesn't really bother me. It's given me a really good view over everything and I came into it with a lot of real-world experience so I've just used the internet for the topics I'm not so good on. I'm using the practice tests (and plain knowing what i know) to figure out what i need to do more in depth research on.

Right now it looks like the Novell NOS is a huge problem. I've made a thread to discuss it some...

4. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

The MM Passport books are really a "summary/condensed" version of the All-in-One books. However, I must confess that the A+ Passport was enough to help me pass my A+. I don't know about the Net+ one, as I've never seen or used it. But I'd recommend the in-depth Sybex Net+ book, as it covers alot of details -- both necessary & unnecessary, but useful none the less. It has alot of details on Netware (and the other NOSs) in Chap. 5 - Network Operating Systems.

All you have to do is pick out the important points (like interoperation, similarities, contrasts, advantages, disadvantages, benefits, etc.), compile them separately (probably in MS Word) and then study them. This is what I'm doing and its very useful for both study and revision.

I'm doing my exam soon also, so good luck to you!

Certifications: CompTIA A+ & Network+
    WIP: MCSA: 70-270
  5. csand

csand New Member

Thanks man, I've actually been using the passport book as a general reference for figuring out what I know and don't know and then using pretty much google and wikipedia for more in depth reading.

Would you mind checking out this thread?

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread26511.html