Exam Schedule.....

Discussion in 'A+' started by neosoft82, May 11, 2005.

1. neosoft82

neosoft82 New Member

Can anybody help on exam schedule for A+, i think am goin for it for starters.

2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,
    It really does depend on your knowledge of computers.
    The Hardware exam deals with the motherboard, memory, hard drive etc... technologies and the Operating System exam covers everything from Window 95.
    Speaking for myself it took me 9 months to get A+ certified. This sounds like a long time (it is :biggrin ) but that is because when I started I knew nothing about computers. So for me as well as learning about computers I was studying for two exams at the same time.

Hope this sheds some light on the matter for you.

Boyce

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. cron0s

cron0s New Member

I spent 4 weeks of almost full time self study preparing for my exams. As Boyce said, it all depends on your existing knowledge but also on how quickly you learn new things and how comfortable you are studying.

Certifications: A+
  4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Do you mean how to actually shedule the exam (book the appointment etc..) or as the others have answered, the time it took them to study etc...?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  5. Flamehearted

Flamehearted Nibble Poster

If you buy the Meyers book it has an amazing table at the front which helps you work out exactly how much study time you will need.

Its really detailed and basically asks you how much experience you have in each of the topics and then gives you an hour total before you will be ready to take the exam.

Its right near the front of the book.

Hope of use,

Martin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  6. neosoft82

neosoft82 New Member

though i meant the schedulin but all ur reply has been useful. One problem though, i dont stay in the uk so, gettin meyer book can be a bit hard. In nigeria here, u find more books on MCSE, Oracle, Java and the likes but hardly would find one on A+ and when i do.. it could be more costly than anticipated.... What do i do cos really i intend takin the exam.

EDIT(J): Removed duplicate post.