Exam review question

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by greenbrucelee, Apr 7, 2008.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am asking this question in this forum as it applies to MS certs and compTIA certs.

The question is can marking a question on an exam for review count against you in anyway? and is it always best to go with your first instinct?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. greenbrucelee

I take it thats a no then:blink

3. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I don't think MS or Comptia have said that negative marking is in place, but then nor have they said it isn't.

As a test question - I really wouldn't have thought it would count - but again, you never know!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  4. greenbrucelee

On the essentials exam I marked a few for review and even changed my original answer on a couple, I felt I had done well but didn't I was just wondering if the hesitation could be held against me.

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What do you think, considering they make no mention of that? Wouldn't you think they would mention something about marking questions if doing so would have such an affect that you could potentially FAIL an exam?

They don't care how long it takes you to answer, or how many times you change your answer... they just care that you have the correct answer at the time you hit the End Exam button.

Besides, the exam is timed - you have to answer everything in the allotted time. You could spend 30 minutes on all the questions except one, and the entire rest of the time on that remaining question (coming back to it again and again), and it wouldn't matter one bit.

Put yourself in their shoes - would you count off points for people marking items, even if they answered correctly?

For the record, I've marked plenty of items on exams before, and it's not affected my score at all.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!