Exam questions

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by bazzawood30, Nov 7, 2010.

1. bazzawood30

bazzawood30 Byte Poster

I am nearly ready to sit my fisrt microsoft exam, I understand there are various types of question which are interactive unlike the A+ and N+ exams. I was just interested to know if there are more multiple choice questions than interactive or vice versa? The practice questions i have are all multiple choice i dont want to struggle on the interactive questions by not having ant practice examples.

Certifications: ECDL,A+,N+,CCENT,CCNA,MCP,MCDST
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I cant remember having any sims in my MCDST the questions were all mulitple choice, just better worded than the compTIA ones but a bit longer.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I can't remember getting any sims either. I don't think they do them for the basic client exams.
    As GBL says, they are higher quality than the CompTIA exams and a bit more verbose to boot. A bit closer to real life in that respect as there is some information that isn't required to resolve the issue.
    The MSPress books give you a good indication of the level required ( the real thing is a lot closer to the review questions than it is to the practice exam questions in terms of difficulty imo).

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It depends on the exams questions that are drawn for your exam. As every exam is either totally or slightly different from the last.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. bazzawood30

bazzawood30 Byte Poster

Thanks guys, I am using the sybex book as my main study resource it says there are various styles of question

build list and recorder
    create a tree
    drop and drag
    hot area
    multiple choice

is this incorrect then? it was the hot area questions i was bothered about i would like to know how deep the menus ect go or are they just based on one screen?

Certifications: ECDL,A+,N+,CCENT,CCNA,MCP,MCDST