Exam questions?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Adrian.Popescu, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

Hi, could anyone tell me how close are the exam questions to the ones on Jean Andrews cd? Very simmilar, or sort of? Thank you.:D

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I haven't a clue, but my guess is "not very". While Jean Andrews is a well respected writer of A+ material, she isn't necessarily a professional writer of tests. Actually, it's possible she didn't even write the exam questions. That part of writing a book is easily "farmed out" to someone else.

You can ask BosonMichael all about writing professional exam questions since that's what he does for a living. He'll tell you that most of the A+ books that come with mock exam questions aren't of the same quality as those you buy from outfits such as Boson and Transcender.

While the mock exam questions that come with any book can certainly be a help, if you *really* need a quality product, you're going to have to buy one. Good luck.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Trip has said it quite nicely - he's absolutely right. I've written for Boson, Transcender, and Sybex, and I can guarantee you that the questions I wrote for Boson and Transcender are exceedingly better than those I wrote for the Sybex book. If you were to compare them, you would notice a night-and-day difference.

Boson's A+ Essentials ExSim Max product is complete; we're currently working on the A+ IT Professional ExSim Max product. Download a demo (from several different companies) and see the difference for yourself!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

Thank you very much for the help. I will have a look at these :)

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST