Exam-only

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by crates, Jul 17, 2009.

1. crates

crates New Member

Hi guys

I've been in IT over 25yrs but now find myself out of work for the first time. I have lots of experience with SQL 2000 and 2005 and thought I'd be wise to pick up (for the first time) Micro$oft Certs.

I have a MS study guide for 70-431 - SQL2005 Implementation and Maintenance - and don't really want to waste money I don't have on courses I probably don't need.

So the question is, can I just book the exams with someone, preferably local (to the East Mids) or online... and what might the costs be ?

Cheers all

Crates

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

While there are courses around, you do not need to go on one (like with VMWare where you have to) in order to sit a MS Exam. When you're ready, all you have to do is go on to Prometric's website and book it.

The cost of the exam is £88, but you can buy voucher at varies places at a cheaper rate (just make sure you buy the correct voucher for the country you're sitting the exam in (eg a US voucher will not work in the UK).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security