Exam Objectives may 2009

Discussion in 'A+' started by TheHunter, Apr 16, 2009.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter New Member

Hi all im takeing my exam in the second or third week of May and i was wondering if anybody knows the objectives, and what kinda questions will be asked.

I am currently studying using the CompTIA A+ 2006 book by Jean Andrews

and also the Mike Myers version.

is the 2006 book still relevant and has much change from the 2006 exam to the presant day??

Cheers

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi, why not introduce yourself here and be a part of this community :)

You can download the A+ 2006 edition objectives here. As for the type of questions, you can see here for a sample or you can purchase practice exams from vendors like Preplogic, Boson, Transcender, etc...

Some common question and answer can be found on Comptia's FAQ page, like:

Question
    How many questions are on the CompTIA A+ exams?
    Answer
    220-601 (CompTIA A+ Essentials) has 100 questions. 220-602, 220-603 and 220-604 each have 90 questions.

Question
    Will the CompTIA A+ exams move to an adaptive format?
    Answer
    No. At this time there are no plans to move the CompTIA A+ exams into an adaptive format. They will remain in a conventional linear format.

As for the changes from the exam when it was released to the 2006 edition of the exam today, I believe that Comptia may have incorporated some minor revisions, but nothing major (nothing that would make you fail if you were prepared for the exam to begin with, imo).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. TheHunter

TheHunter New Member

Thanks for the reply, im just takeing the practice tests at the mo from the CD. and ill introduce myself to

4. Johnny Napalm

Johnny Napalm Bit Poster

Hi there,

I passed my A+ exams recently and I found the 2006 book by Jean Andrews to be very good. As stated above, I think there are only minor revisions to the exam format and as far as I could tell, everything that was in the exam was covered to some degree in the book.

Good luck with your studies.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA, MCDST
  5. TheHunter

TheHunter New Member

ok cool, thanks mate :)