Exam Material Differences

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by jaz124, Oct 5, 2009.

1. jaz124

jaz124 New Member

Hi All,

Im looking to get a MCDST certificate and just starting the early stages of it. I wanted to know if anyone knew if the material/exam questions given a couple of years ago would be the same for todays material/exam questions? I have some books i found in my local library but are 3-4 years old.

Many Thanks,

J

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Hard to say; the exam can change at any time. Still, even if the questions change slightly, the main concepts haven't changed.

This is how I determine whether a book is good to study for an exam: if the publisher saw fit to make a later edition of a book, then the earlier edition had some holes that needed filling. If not, then the book should be just fine.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. jaz124

jaz124 New Member

Nice tip! That makes sense. I actually found an ebook version of the course by MSPRESS. It seems good but goes in to much more detail than the others available.

4. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

I used the two MS press books and they were spot on for me.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

MSPress is usually very precise.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM