Exam grading

Discussion in 'A+' started by coolluke, Apr 24, 2005.

1. coolluke

coolluke New Member

Hi People, does any one understand the A+ grading system. After visiting the comptia website, i understand the grading starts from 100 - 900 and you need about 515 points to past the hardware exam. but out of 80 questions how many would you need to get right to achive the 515 points needed to past the exam. If any one could help me with this question i would be most gratefull as it would help me to decide weather i am ready to take the exam :D

Certifications: ibt3, hnc
    WIP: A+
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Well, if grading starts at 100 and ends at 900, that means you have an 800 point spread with the passing mark standing at 515. Looks like you'd need to have just a little over 50% of your 80 answers correct, so if you nail about 45 of the questions, you'll probably just make the pass grade.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. coolluke

coolluke New Member

Thank you for your reply, 4o of the 80 questions is what i thought i would need to pass, i also thought it was a bit to low. Anyway i think i'm more than ready to take the exam. :biggrin

Certifications: ibt3, hnc
    WIP: A+